Friday, March 16, 2012

Getting Dirty for Earth Day

I love working with my hands so when I decided to hand block my bags for our Earth Day packages I was giddy like a school girl. I really wanted to create something special that was made with love for the celebrity gifting event. It was so refreshing to step off the computer and go old school. It was very relaxing and so rewarding to see the designs come alive before my eyes. I really loved the instant gratification that came with actually touching and holding the finished product. After 6 hours of cutting the linoleum, 4 hours of printing and a lot of Starbucks later I must say I am thrilled with the end result. Now I'll have to part with these sweet babies and that is by far the hardest part for me. Letting go. Who else has that problem?

9 comments:

  1. I am seriously in LOVE with this design. How beautiful and perfect for Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sweet of you. you made my day :) thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay you have a cute blog! LOVE it. saying hi from TAG. love your leaf design. is that called letterpress?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!!
    Love the designs!
    Sari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is pretty awesome. Love the design and that you made your own stamp. Visiting from Marilenn's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bags!!! I found your blog though M by Alcantara :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing work. The block is a masterpiece even before you started the bags..... but the bags are downright yummy! Loving all your work. Hope it's a knockout at Surtex!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute stuff. Thanks for the giveaway at Alcantara!
    robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete